Students enrolled in the Welding Program have the opportunity to earn Technical Certificates of Credit in the following areas:
- Gas Metal Arc Welder
- Shielded Metal Arc Welder
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welder
Graduates can be employed at gas companies, manufacturing companies, precision machining, or become self-employed.
Welding pathway courses include:
- Metals Technology
- Industry Fundamentals and Occupational Safety
- Introduction to Welding (Oxyfuel cutting and plasma cutting)
- Welding I (Stick welding)
- Welding II (Mig and Tig welding)
Successful completion of Welding allows the student to receive the pathway completer cord and two TCCs (Technical Certificates of Credit).
Students in the Welding pathway are dually enrolled with Central Georgia Technical College (CGTC).
- 12 college credits - Year 1
- 11 college credits - Year 2
CGTC Dual Enrollment Requirements
- Completed Application
- GPA: 2.0
For more information about this program, please see your counselor.