Meet the Principal
Welcome to Houston County Career Academy
Welcome to SUCCESS!! I am excited that you have chosen to visit the Houston County Career Academy. The administration, faculty, and staff are eagerly looking forward to a new school year. The goal of the HCCA is to provide students with job skills for employment prior to leaving high school and to provide employers with skilled workers. HCCA is a joint effort between the Houston County Board of Education, Central Georgia Technical College, Robins Air Force Base, and the business community at large. To ensure your success, I ask that you embrace the beliefs that have been set forth. Houston County Career Academy beliefs:
- Business and community partnerships are key to providing a viable 21st Century workforce.
- Academic success leads to a knowledgeable and skilled 21st Century workforce.
- Effective professional and student learning are relevant, rigorous, and project-based.
- Career pathways provide focus and direction for post-secondary and workforce opportunities.
- Career Technical Student Organizations provide leadership opportunities, enhance learning, and promote graduation.
- Strong work ethics will yield a more employable, responsible and productive 21st Century workforce.
- Work-based learning gives students practical experience and develops confidence.
- That the practical application of these beliefs will increase graduation rates, enhance communication skills, and build cooperative relationships.
This is going to be a great year filled with rewarding accomplishments. Once again, welcome to the Houston County Career Academy where you too can be successful!!