The Houston County Career AcademyHouston County Career Academy (HCCA) is located at 1311 Corder Road and is available as a part-time option to students who attend one of the five high schools in the Houston County School System.
Mission of Houston County Career Academy: To Ensure a Viable 21st Century Workforce for Houston County.
Houston County Career Academy is an extension of the programs of high schools in Houston County and is an off-campus center of Central Georgia Technical College. HCCA has a focus toward integrating academics and advanced career/technical education programs. Instructional methods are biased toward “project-based” instruction and will benefit from the alignment and seamless blending of academic courses with career, technical and agricultural education (CTAE) courses, the blending of high school with the rigor and expectations of college coursework, and the relevance resulting from the blending of public education with the priorities and expectations of business and industry. HCCA is governed by the Board of Directors of the Charter School under the control and management of the Houston County Board of Education. The Directors include parents, business representatives, educational representatives and a representative from Robins Air Force Base.
The Charter School represents a cooperative partnership among local business and industry as represented by the Warner Robins and Perry Area Chambers of Commerce, Houston County Development Authority, Robins Air Force Base, Houston County Schools, and Central Georgia Technical College.
Current Central Georgia Technical College/Middle Georgia State Univerisity Dual Enrollment Technical CTAE offerings at HCCA:
- Aircraft Structural Technology- Taught at CGTC Aviation Training Center (Transportation NOT Provided)
- Computer Programming (MGA)
- Computer Systems/Information Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Emergency Medical Responder
- Engineering and Technology
- Industrial Systems
- Nurse Aide (11th and 12th grade ONLY)
Current CTAE offerings at HCCA:
- Audio, Video and Film
- Culinary Arts
- Fine Furniture/Cabinet Making
- Sports Medicine
- Teaching as a Profession
Other Offerings at HCCA:
- Work Ethics and other Soft Skills – Student’s score determined by GA BEST- Business Employability Skills Training; Certificates may be earned
- Work-Based Learning opportunity for students
Career Technical Student Organizations Offered at HCCA:
- FIRST Robotics
- Skills USA
HCCA Admission Requirements for part-time students
The student must:
- A student must be a 10th, 11th or 12th grade student to enroll in an approved DE course.
- A 2.0 GPA or higher is required for dual enrollment courses.
- A 2.0 GPA or higher is preferred for non-dual enrollment courses.
- Commit to a pathway offered at the Career Academy.
- Contact home school counselor for approval to register for a course offered at HCCA.
- Complete "Career Academy Interest Survey"
Counselors and CTAE supervisors at each high school can provide additional information concerning HCCA.