Our Nurse Aide program is one of the health care pathways which can enable students to prepare with classroom training and practice as well as the clinical experience necessary to are for patients in various settings including general medical and surgical hospitals, nursing care facilities, community care facilities for the elderly, and home health care services.
This program will grant students multiple certifications that can expand their educational opportunities. This pathway is a dual enrolled program with Central Georgia Technical College (CGTC). Students enrolled in this program will receive high school and technical college credits.
The Therapeutic Services - Nurse Aide Pathway courses include:
- ALHS 1060 - Diet and Nutrition for AHS
- ALHS 1190 - Medical Technology for AHS
- NAST 1100 - Nurse Aide Fundamentals
10 college credit hours are obtained with the classes above.
With successful completion of the Nurse Aide program, students will be eligible to sit for the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program Examination. Students who pass the state exam earn their CNA. Certificates obtained, with successful completion, include:
- Certificate of Completion for Nursing Assistance Class
- CPR Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider
- Technical College Certificate NAE1
- Nursing Assistant State Registry
For more information about this program, please see your counselor.